Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekly Update

Well, I sorta hit my goal this week! In my minds eyes, I surpassed it. My goal was to loose 2 pounds and weigh 148, however, when I weighed myself Wednesday, the day after setting that goal, I weighed 152.4. This morning, I weighed 149.0. So, I lost 3.4 pounds this week instead of just the 2 that Dan wanted me to. 

I feel it was a success!!

We didn't set another weekly goal, but he did tell me he wants me to keep working just as hard. The biggest change was my diet. I didn't eat any carbs with dinner, just like I had wanted. I have a neat app that will count my calories I consume and how many calories I burn during exercise. If I want to continue to loose 2 pounds a week, my daily calorie budget is to net about 1050. If I exercise, and burn calories, I can then eat that many more. I've actually really done great at sticking to it. I thought that it would be really hard at first, but I think it's ok for me because all of the calories I do eat are really substantial. I love my app. It's called "Lose it!" for anyone whose interested. It also has this really neat feature where I can input a recipe, and it will tell me how many calories in each serving.

Anyways, I feel like I'm doing good and have a really good start. My session with Dan tonight was challenging, but I felt so good afterwards. I recovered quicker and felt stronger than I have in the past - I'm sure it's because I've been dieting so hard. The hardest thing for me to get used to, is not just eating anything I can think of. :) I'm constantly trying to find fruit or something healthy to eat instead of the candy that my boss has sitting right on my desk!! (I haven't had any, and am really proud of it.)

But, I'm going to keep on pushing - eating healthy and working my butt off and the gym!!

Goals:

Stay within my daily calorie budget

By 6/5/12: Have a body fat percentage of 26%

No comments:

Post a Comment