So, apparently I'm really bad at trying to blog every week. Haha...Two weeks ago I missed because we had just gotten back from Central Utah Tuesday morning after Memorial Day. It was an awesome trip! Lots of dirt biking, family, and tons of fun. Then I was busy doing laundry Tuesday night, so I couldn't update this then. Last week, I wasn't happy with my results so far, so I didn't want to blog. Haha.
Now, I'm fairly satisfied with the results I've seen so far. Last week my goal was to have a body fat of 26%. Well, I didn't make it there. It was 27.1%. So, I did go down in body fat by 1.5%. Dan thought that was still good. I set another goal for myself so that by June 26th, I want it to be down to 25%. It'll be pushing it again, but I need to set a goal that I am constantly working towards, not just something that I know I'll achieve without any efforts on my part.
I currently weigh 147.4, which is exactly 5 pounds less than I did on May 16th. (I weighed in that morning at 154.4.) I feel really good about that. It's fluctuated a little depending on what I've had for dinner the night before, but not much. I've definitely really lost those 5 pounds. :) It feels wonderful. My goal for June 26th is to weigh 143. That is really pushing it, and I might not make it, but I'm ok with that. I also have a goal to weigh 140 by the middle of July, like the 17th or so. I'm going home to Arkansas for the weekend, and would love to be down almost to the 130s again by that time.
I have also lost a total of 2.25 inches. I lost an inch around my waist, half an inch around each thigh, half an inch around my hips, and a quarter of an inch around my arm. (I don't know if you're supposed to count each leg and each arm individually, but I'm not. Haha. Any input on this one would be wonderful. If I could really say I've lost 3 inches, I'd like it so much better!) I'm not really setting goals on inches yet because my main focus is still weight. After my weight sorta plateaus and I've hit about where I'd like to stay, then I'm going to try and continue to loose inches. I'll set those goals then.
All in all, I'm feeling really good!! I've been eating really healthy dinners, mainly strictly chicken/fish and veggies. I've been eating healthy breakfasts, yogurts with grape nuts, or a SMALL bowl of cereal. I haven't really changed my lunches at all, so to be seeing these results with still eating one normal meal, I feel awesome. (I emphasize a small bowl of cereal because one serving of the honey bunches of oats that I've been eating is only 3/4 of a cup. That's tiny!! I usually eat 1 cup, which is still small, but enough to make me feel like I've eaten breakfast. I guess I don't need as much cereal as I've always thought I do. I've really been watching portion control lately and counting my calories based on my portion sizes.)
Tonight I decided to do hour long sessions with my trainer, Dan. I've thought about it a lot and have wanted to ask him, but I never knew if I could handle it. Normally I'm DYING after the half hour I have been doing. However, tonight he had a pretty intense workout planned for me, and his following client had cancelled so we worked a lot longer than usual. He had me doing a crazy circuit again, and it was a combination of 33 working minutes. That didn't included the short breaks he let me take or simply moving from one station to the next. I was with him for about 50 minutes working tonight, and when I was done, I realized I could handle it. Starting next week, I'm going to get there 30 minutes earlier and he's going to work my butt off that much harder. I think I'll see some really good results though, I'm really excited. It feels good to know I can handle it, and I'll just have to keep telling myself that if I did it once, I can do it again.
I hope I can reach my long term goals fairly quickly, because I would love to be able to go back to eating delicious things for dinner!! I'm not going to go crazy and go completely back to how I was before, but I want to find a happy medium. I never want to eat as unhealthy as I was before I started working out, and I never want to stop working out either. I do hope to someday just be able to go 4, or even 3 days a week, and have that be enough. But, until then, I have to keep working. Once I hit my goals and am satisfied, I will be able to reward myself with those things. :)
So, I'm going to keep on working! I'm really starting to have fun working out and loosing weight. :) (Although I'm actually a little mad that my favorite khaki pants are now a little loose on me - Loose enough to need a belt. I hate pants shopping!!)
Goals:
By 6/26/12: Have a body fat percentage of 25%
By 6/26/12: Loose 4.4 pounds and weigh 143
By 7/17/12: Loose 7.4 pounds and weigh 140
Goals:
By 6/26/12: Have a body fat percentage of 25%
By 6/26/12: Loose 4.4 pounds and weigh 143
By 7/17/12: Loose 7.4 pounds and weigh 140
No comments:
Post a Comment